Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Agreement

I have to say that I'm happy to hear that there is an agreement on the stimulus.  As I stated in a previous post, I think, ultimately, it's a good bill.  With luck, it'll be signed on Friday.  

It's important to note that, as a country, we need exercise a little patience.  Don't expect this to work overnight.  It's going to take some time to get the money to where it is supposed to go.  Also, just because Congress has decided that it's time to inject some money into the economy, don't sit around and wait for it to come to you.  Never wait around for the Government to save you.  They can only do so much.  It is you who are responsible for your life.  Be smart, budget your money, and eat right.  Take care of your neighbor, yourself and your family and everything will be fine.  

As for indications that the stimulus is working, I think we need to watch for small changes when the weather starts to break.  I know there are a number of different things, but the one thing that will affect us all is road construction, which I hope will be going full blast this summer.  Remember, try not to be upset when you're stuck in construction traffic.  Tell yourself that it's for the good of the country and we're working again.  

I know these are difficult times.  They are certainly difficult for me, but truthfully, I am doing better than most.  In order to get past this, we need to get together, take care of each other, our families, and ourselves.  Be strong.  Be American.  We will get through this.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment