Friday, February 20, 2009

Sharing Some Joe Scarborough

I must be honest, I do like this comment from Joe Scarborough found on the Huffington Post. In case you don't know, Joe is a conservative and hosts "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. Watching his show, there have been times when I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle him. There have also been times where he has surprised me. I share this with you because I think he makes an important point, exchange of ideas is good and healthy, even when those ideas run against your own. I love to debate politics, especially with somebody I disagree with because I don't know everything and I might learn something. Far too often, people take things personally and what started as a civil debate turns ugly. I understand, we're talking about firmly held beliefs. I just think we might do much better as a society if we would learn to agree to disagree. Touchy feeley, right?

I should mention that he has a response to Bob Cesca's article, which I commented on yesterday.

Anyway, I appreciate what Mr. Scarborough is saying and now share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment