Tuesday, March 31, 2009

That Makes Two - Chicago Sun-Times Files for Bankruptcy

The Chicago Sun-Times filed for bankruptcy protection this morning.  This means that both major papers in Chicago, the Chicago Tribune being the other, have filed for bankruptcy.  It’s not the end of the world as both papers continue to plug along, but it’s not good news either.

I used to live in Chicago and got both papers regularly.  As a Sox fan, I always read the Sun-Times on the train to work.  They had the better coverage.  The Tribune had a Cubs slant, and I prefer to follow winners (Yeah, you heard that right D!  I’m not joking around about it either, Pers!).  If I wanted to know what was going on in local mob news or in the corrupted state government, then I read the Sun-Times.  If I wanted to know what was going on in the world, then I read the Tribune.  Both provided excellent coverage.

Regardless, it’s a sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment