Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Greenwald – So, Wingnuts, Wiretapping was Ok When Bush was in Charge? Now, Not So Much?

If you haven’t already, you owe it to yourself to read Glenn Greenwald’s column over at Salon.com titled The ultimate reaping of what one sows: right-wing edition.  Greenwald brilliantly calls wingnut commentators to task for having argued  in favor of domestic spying when Bush was in charge.  These same people are screaming fowl because of a new Homeland Security report that “warns of growing ‘right-wing extremist activity.’” 

I was against any kind of domestic surveillance then and I am against it now.  I was disappointed to hear that the Obama administration was continuing and even expanding the program.  I always go back to the scene in the Matrix where Neo is brought in for the first time and Agent Smith drops that giant file on the desk.  Do something wrong and chances are it’ll look a lot like that, less the part where they make your mouth disappear.

I guess I have nothing to fear if I’m not doing anything wrong, right wingnuts?  Remember that one?  Idiots.  You guys pushed to open Pandora’s Box.  Ever hear about being careful what you wish for?  We’re all going to have to live with it.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment