Thursday, April 9, 2009

Roger Ebert Writes Bill O’Reilly A Doozy of a Letter

I have always enjoyed Roger Ebert.  I find that I agree with him 9 times out of 10.  He always seems to save his best reviews, as in, reviews that are fun to read, for the worst movies.

A couple of days ago, Ebert wrote Bill O’Reilly a letter.  I think this ranks as one of his best, as in fun to read.

Dear Bill: Thanks for including the Chicago Sun-Times on your exclusive list of newspapers on your "Hall of Shame." To be in an O'Reilly Hall of Fame would be a cruel blow to any newspaper. It would place us in the favor of a man who turns red and starts screaming when anyone disagrees with him. My grade-school teacher, wise Sister Nathan, would have called in your parents and recommended counseling with Father Hogben.

Please read the whole thing here.  It’s quite entertaining with a zinger of an ending, just like the best films.

No comments:

Post a Comment