Thursday, May 14, 2009

Obama Gives Commencement Speech at ASU and Cements His Status as the Coolest President Ever

Arizona State University asked President Obama to give the Commencement speech this year.  They also offered him an honorary degree.  A few weeks later, they rescinded the honorary degree to much embarrassment.

Forward to last night, Obama gives the Commencement speech and gets a few good natured shots in at ASU’s expense:

Now, before I begin, I'd like to clear the air about that little controversy everyone was talking about a few weeks back. I have to tell you, I really thought it was much ado about nothing, although I think we all learned an important lesson. I learned to never again pick another team over the Sun Devils in my NCAA bracket. And your university President and Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS.

The man is all class and has a great sense of humor.   I am looking forward to this weekend’s speech at Notre Dame.  For all the controversy that is surrounding that visit, I am confident that he will send those graduates off on a good note and everybody in the arena will go home with positive feelings of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment