Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Akin of Missouri “Who would want to put politicians in charge of the weather anyway?”

Think Progress tells the story of an elected official, who, on the floor of the House of Representatives, said:

This whole thing (climate change) strikes me if it weren’t so serious as being a comedy you know. I mean, we just went from winter to spring. In Missouri when we go from winter to spring, that’s a good climate change. I don’t want to stop that climate change you know. Who in the world want to put politicians in charge of the weather anyways? What a dumb idea.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Representative Todd Akin, Republican from Missouri:

What do you know, Dr. Doom here has a weather machine.  He is seriously arguing that by curbing carbon emissions, the seasons will cease to exist.  He actually said, “Who in the world want to put politicians in charge of the weather anyways? What a dumb idea.”  No, what’s dumb is the fact that you are willing to stand on the floor of the House of Representatives and insult the intelligence of the American people! 

People of St. Louis!  Remember this embarrassment!  Fire this smug, ignorant excuse for a representative and hire competent representation!

1 comment:

  1. Oh terrific. I feel super smart and totally represented. I'm thinking now is not a good time to brag about where I'm from.

    ReplyDelete