Friday, June 19, 2009

Andrew T.’s Late Late Late Show – “Beyond the Valley of the Dolls” (NSFW)

Honestly, this is one of my favorite movies.  No, it’s not a great movie, but it’s a great movie, if you know what I mean.  It turns the trash up to 11.  Basically, three girls and their boyfriend move to L.A. to be big time rock stars.  It would be pretty standard fare if it weren’t for the debauchery. 

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is a Russ Meyer classic and was written by a young Roger Ebert.  When I watch it, I have this picture of a nerdy Ebert surrounded by a set full of beautiful Meyer actresses, rolling joints on the script, running up to Meyer between takes with outrageous ideas, which Meyer puts to use with glee.

Dig this preview man and get into what’s now!

Just a quick note for the puritans out there regarding the X rating.  Yes, there’s a lot of sex and nudity, but no more than what is in today’s movies.  I get it.  Standards back then and such.  I’m just saying, today, this is easily an R.

No comments:

Post a Comment