Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dedicated To The Brothers & Sisters Taking it to the Streets In Iran – Jefferson Airplane in “Volunteers”

Before you literal folks write me saying this is solely an American protest song, I would like to note that it’s a protest song first and foremost.  It was written in a different time under different circumstances, but it still applies.  If the tables were turned, and there was an Iranian protest song that kicked this much ass, I would hope that somebody over there would play it for us.

Look what's happening out in the streets
Got a revolution got to revolution
Hey I’m dancing down the streets
Got a revolution got to revolution
Ain’t it amazing all the people I meet
Got a revolution got to revolution
One generation got old
One generation got soul
This generation got no destination to hold
Pick up the cry
Hey now its time for you and me
Got a revolution got to revolution
Come on now were marching to the sea
Got a revolution got to revolution
Who will take it from you
We will and who are we
We are volunteers of America

I’m going to be running protest songs all day over at Back to Saturn X.  Stop by and let me know if you have a request.

No comments:

Post a Comment