Monday, June 22, 2009

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Invades Bonnaroo

Back when I was in college, Lollapalooza was the thing.  For about $60+, you'd get, something like, eight bands on the main stage and another 16 on the second stage, all in one day.  I went a couple years in a row and truth be told, it was exhausting.  Understand, I'm no concert lightweight as I've seen hundreds of bands in a variety of venues.  However, at one point during both years, there was a moment where I'd look at my watch and say, "Christ, there's another band after this."  That may have been because I didn't like every band that was there, so that made things difficult as well.  "Damn it, I don't want to watch Front 242, I already walked around and sampled the hippie wares, and there's nobody on the second stage."  It was this experience that soured me to the whole multi-day festival idea, because, frankly, one day was hard enough. 

Having said all of that, it's certainly something that I don't regret doing.  Now that I'm older, I can look back and form an opinion because I went.  Had I not gone, I probably wished that I had.  I can also say that it wasn't all bad as I saw some amazing performances.  So there you go.

I ramble on about this because last weekend was Bonnaroo, which is a four day festival in Tennessee.  Much to my glee, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog decided to deliver a report to Conan O'Brien.  Here's what he found:

No comments:

Post a Comment