Thursday, August 27, 2009

GOP Survey Asks Questions Everybody Would Be Against – Question Infers HC Discrimination Based on Party Affiliation

I’ve seen these emails from the GOP before.  They ask a series of questions which are worded in such a way that any answer other than the desired answer is a choice in favor of lunacy.  Today, Talking Points Memo analyzes the latest and greatest:

Recently, the Republican National Committee mailed out a survey to an unknown number of voters--including at least one non-Republican--spreading misinformation about the Democrats' health care reform proposal.

The most egregious question: "It has been suggested that the government could use voter registration to determine a person's political affiliation, prompting fears that GOP voters might be discriminated against for medical treatment in a Democrat-imposed health care rationing system. Does this possibility concern you?"

Of course, this hasn't been suggested except in the minds of the GOP officials who drafted these questions.

I used to get these and, sadly, I didn’t get this one.  Probably because I thought enough to leave comments.  Yes, I’m afraid I called them out on questions like the one above.  Truth be told, yes, discrimination based on party affiliation most certainly concerns me, and I’M A DEMOCRAT!  I would fight tooth and nail to make sure that nothing like this was ever passed. 

Well, I suppose if you would fall for something like that, then you would most certainly fall for voting for somebody like this.  And if you voted for somebody like this, then you will most likely get what you deserve via self fulfilling prophecy (i.e., elect lousy Government, get lousy Government, kick and scream about how Government can’t do anything right, repeat):

No comments:

Post a Comment