Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Riddance 2009

crazy-white-640_0 If somebody asked me to describe 2009 in one word, it would be batshit.  That’s right, batshit as in crazy, insane, rubber room worthy.  This year started with oozing optimism for the future.  The country seemed high off of the prospect of a new president and a new way of doing things.  America was back!  Then, those that used to run things went off the rails.  Fox News, Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin, and Tea Bagging in the streets, just to name a small few, all managed to shit on the country’s collective good feeling.  Now, at the end of the year, it seems that conservatives are pissed because they believe they’ve lost the country they love and liberals are pissed because they’re not getting what they voted for.

As for me, well, this year has left me exhausted.  That said, I’m still optimistic for the future.  I would like to believe that 2010 will be the year where the seeds of 2009 begin to take root and bloom.  I’ve stressed patience many times before and I think that patience is much needed now.  I truly believe that the economy will begin to turn around in 2010.  I sincerely hope so because some people very close to me need new jobs.

So what does the next year hold for us?  First off, health care will pass and will be quickly forgotten seeing as how most of it won’t take affect for another four years.  The next round of insanity will revolve around climate change, and the entire point will be missed as those against it will argue that the earth is getting hotter because of the natural order of things.  Of course, that’s the angle the media will take.  We know that the real reason we need to address climate change is because we need a less expensive, more efficient energy grid.  This point will, of course, be missed as rational thoughts aren’t as fun to watch as crazy is. 

Also, if the economy doesn’t turn around, look for Stimulus II, which will cause heads to explode all over the country.  Afghanistan will intensify with the surge, and  we’ll either see results by this time next year, or it’ll be a disaster.  Regardless of the situation, good or bad, I’d like to hear serious talk about getting out, fast.

2009 wasn’t all bad for me, personally.  I welcomed my first Daughter and started this blog.  I’ve meet a lot of wonderful people through this site, and want to thank you all for sticking with me and your encouragement.  Most of all, I want to wish each and every one of you visiting today the happiest of new years and the very best in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment